We are pleased to offer Colby alumni the following resources.
Explore this online collection of College publications and scholarship produced by Colby students, faculty, and staff, including:
- Colby Quarterly, published from 1943 to 2003, documented gifts to Special Collections in its early years and later developed into a respected journal devoted to English and Classical literature.
- Colby Histories by Whittemore, Marriner, and Earl Smith, whose volume covers years through the early 2000s.
- Student Research, including hundreds of Honors Theses and Senior Scholar Projects.
- Most of the last 140 years of Course Catalogues.
- Colby Photos, digitized from the huge collection of prints curated in Special Collections
- The Colby Echo‘s archive containing issues from 1877 through 2006.
We are always happy to welcome alumni back to campus and hope you will stop by one of our two Libraries or visit our Special Collections and Archives. To borrow materials from our collections, please stop by any library service desk to apply for an alumni library card.
At the heart of the campus, the Iconic Miller Library houses materials in the social sciences and humanities. During your visit, see the beautifully restored Brewster Reading Room, with its wonderful view of hills to the east.
Miller Library is also home to Special Collections and Archives, which partners with the Libraries’ Digital Initiatives group to increase the availability of their unique holdings. Explore the rich List of Manuscript Collections and enjoy multi-modal electronic access to portions of the Wesley McNair Collection. Learn more about their Services to Alumni.
Bixler Art & Music Library
Adjacent to the museum, Bixler Art & Music Library includes collections and services tailored to the needs of the art, music, museum, and theater programs.